F1 @ Olympic Games 2021

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group
    Administrator

Status

Pentathlon

If you thought about Olympic Games, it is impossible to link them to F1 or Motorsports, even if in the past there were some approach between this complete different worlds, but nothing more.
    But in P4OW, we have a passion for news, unexplored and not comfortable ways.
    So, here we are, let me introduce you...
    F1 @ OLYMPIC GAMES!

Basically, there is a single competition, Pentathlon, splitted in 5 different games, which will bring points for General Standing.
    Each event will have a dedicated space in the calendar.
    Note:For more info click on Link contains event name.
    For General Rules, Mod+Tracks, click HERE

EVENT A
    1vs1 TOURNAMENT

We already made it, for Mundialito 2014 and Europeito 2016, so someone of you could know more about it, but it is a football look-like competition, where every driver must compete in a 1vs1 "match", 3 laps long.
    There will be 2 different phases, Group Stages and Win-or-Die Table.
    To explain better, I will show you an example with 32 drivers.

Group Stages Rules
    Circuit: Motegi Road Course.
    8 Groups, with 4 drivers each one. A draw will decide the groups and starting position for each race.
    Every drivers must fight 1vs1 in a 3 laps long race against each other driver of his group.
    Race winner will receive 3 points, only if he is able to win with a 3+ seconds gap. Otherwise he will receive only 2 points, while defeated driver will receive 1 point.
    Drivers must choose their raceday and time (server is opened 7/24) at their discretion.

Round of 32 and Round of 16
    Circuit: Okayama (Aida)
    At the end of group stage, ALL the drivers will pass to the Round of 32 match. Group winner will race with a 4° classified of other group, 2° classified will race with a 3° classified of other group.
    Drivers who win the race will go to Round of 16, while the defeated ones will make a new tournament table, who will decide the standings from 17° to 32° position.

Quarters, Semi and Finals
    Circuit: Fuji 1983
    For both tournament tables (1° to 16° and 17° to 32°) the final races will be held at Fuji Speedway.
    Nothing different than Round of 32/16 about the rules.

At the end of the competition every driver will receive points, based on final position.

EVENT B
    REGULARITY

Circuit: Motegi Twin Ring
    After Event A, there will be the second game, Regularity.
    Every driver must complete a 5 laps stint at Motegi Twin Ring, trying to make the best TOTAL Time
    Prizes not so high, but it deserve an attempt. Concentration and no room for errors.

EVENT C
    SHORT-TRACK

Circuit: Motegi Twin Ring
    After Event B, probably the most exciting game, because 5 drivers will fight each other for 10 laps at Motegi Twin Ring, like a Short-Track Ice event.
    Slipstream is the key, and, with 100% damage, it is really important to not touch the walls.
    There will be Group Phases (by drawn), and then Quarters Finals, Semi Finals and Finals.

Big prizes for the winners!

EVENT D
    TIME ATTACK

Circuit: Mount Myogi
    There are no mountain time trial circuit in Japan, but I have found this track, and...I liked it!
    An 'easy' Time Attack event, where only the fastest time counts!
    Prizes as Regularity Event.

EVENT E
    MARATHON

Circuit: AutoPolis
    No Marathon, no Olympics, so you will face a "long" event too, but keep calm, really it is not so long at all.
    This is the only event when admins will provide a date/hour to respect, but not before every drivers will be involved in a poll to decide.

Groups will be splitted in 16 drivers each one, based on standings after Event D.
    Race lenght: 9 laps, with Mandatory Pit Stop.
    Starting Grid: reversed standings position.
    Big Prizes there!

After the last event, the first of the General Standing will win the Special F1 @ Olympics!

Last but not least, let me thanks a lot Can de l'ostia and Alessio Brontolo, they helped me so much. thanks guys

Edited by Pauwe - 19/7/2021, 18:33

0 replies since 19/7/2021, 14:35   193 views